Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Hoarding - hoarder

My mom is an avid hoarder. While I am A hoarder.
I believe everything have another usage after the shelf life. While my mom believes everything is precious. haha.
I've been encouraging her for ages to throw out all of her "precious" old stuff. 
Even for my hoarder eyes, her stuffs belong to the garbage can. She finds her self a strange yet believable reasons to build the memento piles. 
She's keeping her old kebayas which on her defense, my nieces would wanting them while they are growing up. My nieces are below 12. Haha. 
Or she's keeping old Jerry cans from my teenager while I am still religiously active with youth activity on local church. I don't even remember what am I doing with 4 big red jerry cans. Or, plenty of bird cages, she hopes that one day there will be another birdies inside (well, she's quite lucky with birdies, there's a couple of time, a strand bird would get inside on the cage, out of nowhere. And later did some Houdini tricks, just puff, gone, bird, gone). We also have a second hand bath up. This is hilarious.  My dad picked that thang from his friend house in sake of recycling it to a planting media for his collections. But yeah, the procrastination running on my blood definitely from him. From 7-8  years ago, until he passed away, the bath up sat quietly on the corner of the yard. And now after he's gone my mom had more reason to keep on, she said "your father want it here". LOL. Old dispensers, old nephew's bicycle, etc. You named it.

I always dream, that eventually my mom would be less driven by the sentimental acts, But I guess i will be just keep on dreaming. 
She keeps her resistance mode on all the time. From 3 years ago since my father passed away, whenever I came home to Jogja, I always do a cleaning routine, but due to lack of time and energy, usually after 2 days I just gave up and asked my mom before I returned to Jakarta to promised me that she will give those garbage to tukang rongsokan.

This has been a  constant battle between me/my siblings and my mom. Sometimes we are just laughing so hard on how desperate we are on the situation. Sometimes i just want to burn down the house. hehe. But I can't that's family house. hehe

Like today, I called my mom and remind her (again) to her promise about cleaning up some stuffs. 
This time she's complaining on how low the price that tukang rongsokan would paid for that broken water dispenser. Hence, she keeps it. LOL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment